Going on vacation is always a grand adventure for me. I learned a lot of really important things while I was in gone. I thought I would share them with you.
1. Jack Hanna - Really does dress all 'African Safari like'. He was on our plane from Columbus to Minneapolis. He was very gracious to all of the people asking him for autographs in the airport. He only required that they hold his Starbucks so he could write.
2. There are a lot of folks with interesting fashion sense that fly on Sunday mornings.
3. Subway in the Minneapolis airport is HELLA expensive.
4. I am that dog mom, when leaving my doggy at doggy daycare. I call to check on her everyday.
5. It is a good plan to travel with only a carry-on.
6. Polyester does an excellent job of soaking up water, but the shirt you are wearing underneath will stay wet for hours. (My Cubs Cooperstown jersey is polyester)
7. Never try to take the brewery tour when it is raining. It is mostly outside.
8. Never offer to be nice to your family and make the trek to the car in the rain...it will rain harder...You will be cold, wet, and miserable for the rest of the day, if you are cold, and wet they should be too.
9. Cardinals fans know that their team is good, and they have pity on Cubs fans and treat them nice.
10. My team will always lose when I see them in person.
11. Never throw away your cup if you sit in the Bank One Box at Busch Stadium.
12. Always go to the Gateway Arch before 9am, you will get early bird parking for $4.
13. Do eat Pappy's BBQ in St. Louis. YUMMM...
14. Do stay at Dury Inn and Suites they give you free pop
15. Union Station in St. Louis SUCKS Donkey.
16. St. Louis is an easy town to navigate using GOOGLE maps.
17. Never stay at a hotel that gives you free drinks, when a baptist convention is in town...You will end up with drunk preachers....trying to heal you in an elevator.
18. It is time to get out of the pool when children arrive.
19. Always, pay attention to rental car return instructions.
20. Riding a shuttle bus between the rental car return and the airport...Is scary.
21. The Cubs will beat the Cardinals on a night you are not at the game
22. It takes forever for swimwear to dry with a hairdryer
23. Most hotels have little stores that sell nail clippers, so you can cut your toenail to prevent it from growing into your toe before you get home. Said nail clippers will cost you though.
24. Use the YELP app for food suggestions/reviews.
25. The Science museum is cool.
26. I got attacked by a camel, and now I have a bruise....Ok, so it wasn't the fake camels fault I am sorta klutzy.
27. My husband will trap my mom in the corner of an elevator and fart on her.
28. If you are carrying a fungicide in your carry-on do not leave it at the TSA checkpoint they will page you. This did not happen to me...But I heard the TSA page for the person to come back and get their fungicide....It was pretty funny.
29. Never leave your awesome DSLR at home when you go on vacation, and rely on your cellphone....Grrr.